Today is my first day off work. Unfortunately I have to report back on August 19th. I guess I should be glad I have a job, but you know how those pesky things get in the way of sewing. And speaking of sewing, I picked out my fabric for Simplicity 3773.
The fabric is a printed rayon with an interesting chevron weave, but it's not a herringbone. It's not as heavy as a herringbone but it drapes very nicely too. The colors in my photo are surprisingly accurate. I think I'll look for a trim to stitch on the collar to make it pop in the print. The orange or green might look nice.
It was a challenge to morph Simplicity 3805 that I already had the alterations done on to the pattern with the great collar. I think the body of both dresses is so similar that I decided not to reinvent the entire dress. I just lined up the underarm point and the shoulder seams and the center front. I had to shorten the upper bodice on the collar pattern and then I used the size 14 shoulder cutting line to trace a morphed pattern.
I'm not fond of showing off my bra straps so I split the difference between the cut away armhole with the wide shoulder strap and made it a bit wider than the wing collar. But not as wide as the last dress I made.
I'm so afraid of ruining my great fabric that even though it fits nicely on my dress form, I'm going to cut it in muslin before I cut the fashion fabric. I think I'm becoming the queen of muslins.