I got some sewing done this weekend, which included Monday, as I had the day off. I worked on NL 6940 and I thought the fit would be good enough so I went ahead and used the good fabric.
I was wrong. While technically it does fit, it fits way too closely for my comfort. There are way too many rolls showing, although that may be hard to see with my busy fabric. It's the first size 16 pattern I've used in about a hundred years. I usually opt for a size 18 and then I upsize it generously in the bust and hips. For this size 16, I only added a tad to the hips and did a full bust adjustment. I think by this summer it should fit perfectly, so I'm not calling it a wadder, but I certainly won't wear it out of the house any time soon. There are some fit issues, like the way the fabric collapses under the bust. I'll need to remove some length there. In the photo I have the hem pinned up about 5 inches. I've shortened the sleeves 2 inches and won't be doing the elastic to rouch up the hem.
All in all it's a nice pattern and it gives me a place to start with alterations for my smaller body. I think if I just add about 1/2" to the sideseams, I can make this again and actually wear it out of the house.
Here's a picture of my son and our newest feline acquisition. He's about 6 months old now and has grown to be a very large boy cat. We did think he was a female at first. His new name is Reggie and Steven loves him. Here they are sleeping on his bed. I don't know why Blogger decided to rotate the photo. That's not the way the pic is on my hard drive.
More later when I can get back to the sewing machine.