Sunday, February 15, 2009

Paralysis Is Over

I think just writing about my sewist's block helped me get past it. Who knew this blogging thing could be so helpful? Here's the results so far. I decided to add pockets but you can't really see them and I forgot to take a close-up. I couldn't be happier with the fit. Unfortunately, once I pleated out the droop below the bustline, I think I made the front too short. It doesn't hang at the same level. You can see that in the side shot.

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow evening I will attend the lecture part of the Bra Making conference and all day Tuesday I'll be attending the hands on portion of the conference. My next post will probably be showing you my new bra. I can hardly wait.


  1. Wow! a bra making conference. What a fabulous opportunity!

    The jacket looks great! This is one of those cases where the back has to get cut at the hem to equal the front. You may be able to buy some length with a faced hem. That would be my solution.Just a thought and looking great so far.

  2. Lookin' good! the jacket is really coming together.

  3. Wow, Sherril!! The topstitching not only look really nice, it also draws your eye in and creates a slimmer silhouette!! Cooool!!
    Soft hug,
    Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

  4. Wow, it's really coming along! I just find myself running out of interest in a project that takes more than one muslin. I'm so fickle!!

  5. Interesting about the hem! On most of my garments the back hem is (sort of) deliberately longer because I feel it's more flattering to my shape (i.e., large booty). The jacket is looking good!


Thank you for visiting my blog. I would love to hear what you have to say so please leave me a comment.