Thursday, January 12, 2012
Before I call it quits for the night I thought I 'd share with you what I did today. This is M5191 in a lightweight embroidered suede cloth from JoAnn's. It's 100% poly and shreds and creates static like crazy. My Rocketeer didn't want to sew over the embroidery thread (neither did my serger) so I put on the walking foot and didn't have any more problems. I almost gave up on this project but decided to stick it out for the 2.5 yards of fabric I now get to count towards my goal of 25 yards sewn up this month. It was very time consuming (13 pattern pieces!) but I'm glad I stuck with it. I like the finished product and it will get some wear.
I have to figure out how to make buttonholes on one of my vintage machines. My Bernina with the fantastic buttonholes doesn't work at the moment. I think I'll pull out the Judy Jetson Buttonholer tomorrow when I get home from work and practice using it. I've never used one before, so this should be interesting.