I like to snoop shop on-line and one of my favorite places to look is coldwatercreek.com. Their stuff is perfect for my lifestyle where I have to look nice but also have to be able to kneel at student's desks or climb on chairs or crawl under tables, etc. Here are a few garments that I think I'll be able to clone.
For this one I think that KS 2900 should do the trick. I'll have to make a facing for the long v-neckline and then make an attached dickey. I like the longer length with the side slits, but that might not be best for my figure. Luckily the Kwik Sew pattern is a TNT.
For this one I think I can use Ottobre magazine's Puffed sleeve t-shirt. It's a TNT pattern also. Instead of the binding, I'll mae a tie, but I think I'll skip the v-neckline under the tie. Too much potential to show too much of me to my middle school boys, KWIM?
For this one I may need to draft my pattern from my sloper. It won't be hard to do. I'll draft the yoke then rotate the darts to under the yoke and leave my back darts off. Just add some pleats at the waist seam and it's done. The sleeve head looks fitted and then the sleeve flairs out to be gathered into a band. I even like the color of this one and have some poly silky jacquard that would look nice.
This one looks like the KS 2900 pattern would work for it as well. I just have to redraft the front to have a lined yoke that overlaps at center front. Easy peasy.
However, before I begin these new season garments, I want to finish my mini-wardrobe. I had to re-buy the orange fabric for the pants because the linen had too much lycra stretch in it and the pants never fit or looked good. I didn't even finish the hem on them. I bought a more brown colored orange bottomweight fabric to remake these pants. I think I'll just use the jeans pattern again. I also tried to make my ivory t-shirt for the second time. The first time I used the Jalie Sweetheart top pattern and my ivory slinky was just too thick for all the binding and didn't look good. The second try, which is pictured below, turned out even worse. I used a thick rib knit and it doesn't look good on me at all. I especially don't like how the stiff ribs in the fabric aren't smooth over the bustline at the sides. It looks like it needs to be altered, and this is a great fitting TNT pattern with other fabrics. So, I've decided to use a woven tone on tone ivory striped shirting and make an ivory blouse to go with the mini-wardrobe. I hope to get some progress done this weekend. The pants fabric is all ready to cut but I still have to wash the blouse fabric. The jacket is still only cut out waiting for interfacing to be cut and the other brown pants are done.
In case you've already forgotten what my mini-swap should look like, here's the storyboard.