Last June I worked on fitting Connie Crawford's blouse pattern, B5300. This pattern comes in regular and plus sizes and I made up a muslin in Woman's 1X and one in the Misses XL with only adding 5/8" to the seam allowance. You can read about it and see the pictures of each muslin here.
According to my blog entry, I altered the misses XL pattern giving myself a ton more ease but I never did make another muslin. Now I wish I hadn't made the alterations either.
This is a comparison picture of me in the XL muslin in June 09 and of me wearing the same muslin today. I don't need any more ease added. In fact, a dart is trying to form under my bust and I'll need to rotate it into the side dart to make it hang properly. Since this is a pattern that I didn't trace but took my scissors directly to the pattern, I may have to re-buy the pattern. It's possible that I bought it twice but I'll have to go on a hunt through my hundreds of patterns to know for sure.
I think it fits pretty darn good right now with only the 5/8" added to the side seam. It still needs a tiny amount of ease in the bust but I think it'll be fine if I lose 3-5 more pounds. This is the first eating plan that I've ever been on where my bust didn't shrink fast and dramatically. My belly and hips are what I'm losing this time around. If I can keep my bust and lose only my belly and hips, then I am calling this plan a miracle.
I've been busy cleaning up my sewing room today so that I can then search for the pattern. I hope to get the blouse cut out and started later today or tomorrow. Next week the beginning sewing classes begin that my partner Stephanie and I will be co-teaching. I'm going to be so busy I won't know if I'm coming or going and personal sewing time will become extremely limited.